The US has over 60 types of non-immigrant (temporary) visas. Nexus Advisory can help you navigate the alphabet of US work visas and guide you through the application process.
The H1B visa is a non-immigrant visa, which allows a US company to employ a foreign individual for up to six years. As applying for a non-immigration visa is generally quicker than applying for a US Green Card, staff required on long-term assignment in the US are often initially brought in using a non-immigrant visa such as the H1B visa.
Individuals can not apply for an H1B visa to allow them to work in the US. The employer must petition for entry of the employee. H1B visas are subject to annual numerical limits. US employers may begin applying for the H-1B visa six months before the actual start date of the visa.
The H1B visa is designed to be used for staff in "speciality occupations", that is those occupations which require a high degree of specialized knowledge. Generally at least the equivalent of a job-relevant 4-year US Bachelor's degree is required (this requirement can usually be met by having a 3-year degree and 3 years' relevant post-graduate experience). However, professionals such as lawyers, doctors, accountants and others must be licensed to practice in the state of intended employment – e.g. a lawyer must generally have passed the relevant state bar exam.
Pathways to Permanent Residency:
Emigration is the most important event in your life.
It's too important to go it alone.
Immigration law is complex and constantly changing. It's important to retain a professional advisor who monitors legal developments on a full-time basis.
You need an advocate to protect your rights during the process;
don't go it alone.
- The financial and legal paperwork is quite onerous and requires professional assistance: we have in-house immigration advisors & financial planners.
- We can fast-track your case by providing the Visa Officer with a compelling narrative and bullet-proof application.
- We can provide you with assistance in financing the mandated investment.
- We can match you with alternatives strategies including looking at Canada as a stepping stone to the United States.
Our U.S. Immigration Services:
- Powerful legal strategies to fast-track your emigration to North America;
- Jobsearch consulting and assistance with prospective employers;
- Rapid Response customer service and online access to your eDocket;
- Total Consulting™ including pre-immigration tax planning;
- Peace of mind through our Money-Back Guarantee† for our legal fees.